We advocate for universal health care because...
In the U.S.
* 51 million people have no medical insurance.
* 24 million people will remain uninsured if/when PPACA, the 2010 federal health care
legislation, is fully implemented in 2019.
* Many millions of people with private health insurance are underinsured, meaning they
could face financial ruin from a health crisis.
* 63% of the uninsured and 46% of the underinsured forego needed medical care.
* 45,000 people die each year due to lack of medical insurance.
We can do better (and without spending more).
The United States is
* the richest country on Earth
* the only wealthy industrialized country in the world that does not provide health care
for all its citizens.
Health Care for All ... because it's the right thing to do.